Parsons Gallery of the West presents an array of carefully selected art of both historic and contemporary views of the American West. We exhibit fine art for the seasoned connoisseur as well as more accessible artwork for the beginning collector, all personally chosen by gallery owner Robert Parsons. Housed in the historic Wengert compound on Kit Carson Road, the gallery is best remembered with fondness as the home of the old Taos Bookstore. In the 1940’s and 50’s, the building housed one of Taos’ early art galleries, The Blue Door, that helped establish Taos as an art destination. In the 1920s and 1930s, the building was the home and studio of artist Victor Higgins where he produced some of his best work. This expansive gallery with its grand sala provides one of the finest art spaces in historic Taos.
Continuingly exhibiting works by Taos' Living Legends
To view work by artists, click on their name plates
Please call the Gallery at (575) 751-0159 for current inventory or any questions